What is Law

Solution to Your Cases

Protect your rights.
You have been injured in a personal injury accident and you are worried about who is going to pay your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The last thing you want is to be taken advantage of by an insurance company. If you don’t protect your rights, you may not be able to make a claim. Insurance companies have attorneys and adjusters whose goal is to pay you as little as they can. You need a personal injury lawyer to fight for you. I am dedicated to helping your recover as much money as possible under the law.

Why should you hire an attorney?
You need an attorney who will work hard to protect your rights, maximize your insurance settlement and minimize the hassles of dealing with the insurance companies. You need an experienced and aggressive Oregon trial lawyer who will fight for you. Having an experienced Oregon personal injury lawyer can make the difference between getting what you deserve and getting nothing.

An experienced trial attorney can make the difference.
I am an experienced aggressive trial lawyer who has tried over 100 cases. I am not afraid to take your case to trial if that is what it takes to maximize the amount of money your recover for your personal injury. I offer personal, one-on-one service, and I will not hand your case off to another lawyer or a paralegal.

Reduce the stress of making a claim.
Personal injury accidents can turn your life upside down. Making a personal injury claim can be difficult and time consuming. Once I take your case, you can stop worrying about dealing with the insurance companies and focus on recovering from your injuries. I take care of all of the paperwork, phone calls, and negotiations, so you can get on with your life.

I handle Oregon personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means YOU DON’T OWE ME A LEGAL FEE UNLESS I RECOVER MONEY FOR YOU.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What type of personal injury claims do you handle?

A: I handle all types of personal injury claims, auto injury accidents, motorcycle injury accidents, bicycle injury accidents, dog bite injuries, ATV injury accidents, boating injury accidents, and any other case where someone else causes you personal injury.

Q: How soon after personal injury accident should I call you?

A: Call me immediately. Do not give the other person’s insurance company a statement until you have consulted with a lawyer. I make a point of returning all calls and e-mails promptly. If you have suffered a personal injury, you need to know right away what insurance coverage is in place to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.

Q: What is my claim worth?

A: The value of your car accident injury claim depends on the severity and permanency of your injuries. Contact me now for a free consultation so I can assess your claim and tell you what I think it is worth.

Q: Should I accept the offer that the insurance company has given me?

A: Oftentimes I can get insurance companies to substantially increase the amount of their settlement offer. If you have already received an offer for your injuries, contact me and I will let you know if I think it is a fair offer. I will not charge you for this consultation. If I do not beat their original offer to you, I will not charge you a fee.

Q: Can I recover if the other driver had no insurance?

A: Yes. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can recover money for your medical bills and pain and suffering even if the other driver had no insurance.

Q: How do I know if I have a good auto accident or personal injury case?

A: You need to contact me and we can discuss your case. My consultation on a personal injury case is always free.

Q How long does it take to settle most personal injury cases?

A: It depends on the nature of your personal injury claim. I have settled smaller personal injury claims for the full amount my client wanted within 10 days and I have settled policy limits cases in as little as a few months. Larger personal injury cases typically take longer to settle. Oregon law has a provision that can require insurance companies to pay my attorney fees for personal injury cases under $5,500, so oftentimes these personal injury cases can be resolved quickly, as the insurance companies don’t want to get a big attorney fee bill from me.

Q: Will pursuing my personal injury case take up a lot of my time?

A: No. Oftentimes I only meet with clients for the initial interview and then we can just talk over the phone. If we do have to go to court, it will take more time. I realize your time is important, so I don’t waste it.

Q: Will I have to go to trial?

A: The vast majority of personal injury cases don’t go to trial. However, I treat each case as if it is going to be a trial, as you have to be willing to go to trial to maximize your settlement.

Q: Why is it so important to hire an experienced Oregon trial attorney?

A: Most personal injury cases settle before trial, but you want to maximize your settlement. If you hire an Oregon personal injury attorney who has little trial experience, oftentimes they will be afraid to go to trial. Insurance companies know who these lawyers are, and they oftentimes offer them less than the case is worth. I have 10 years of courtroom experience and I have tried well over 100 cases. I have had much success in the courtroom and I will not advise you to settle for less than your case is worth.

Q: Do I need an Oregon lawyer?

A: In order to settle your personal injury and auto accident cases you will have to deal with insurance companies. Their goal is to pay you as little as you will take. It is tough for someone who is not familiar with personal injury cases to know what a fair settlement amount is. An experienced Oregon personal injury attorney can help you to determine that amount and reach a fair settlement.

Q: How do I pay your legal fees?

A: I handle auto accident, dog bites and all of my other personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means YOU DO NOT OWE ME A LEGAL FEE UNLESS I RECOVER MONEY FOR YOU. I do not ask for any attorney fees upfront. If there is no recovery there is no fee.

Q: What types of Oregon accident cases do you handle?

A: I handle all types of Oregon personal injury, wrongful death and products liability cases, including: auto accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, ATV accidents, boating accidents, dog bites and all other types of injury cases.

Q: What parts of Oregon do you handle cases in?

A: Although I am located in Portland, Oregon, I will handle take cases throughout the state of Oregon including the following counties and cities:

Multnomah County, Washington County, Clackamas County, Marion County, Polk County, Columbia County, Hood River County, Yamhill County, Clatsop County, Wasco County, Linn County, Benton County, Lane County, Clatsop County, Tillamook County, Sherman County, Jefferson County, Linn County, Benton County

Portland, Salem, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, McMinnville, West Linn, Tualatin, Troutdale, Sherwood, Molalla, Aloha, Albany, Corvallis, Cascade Locks, Astoria, Wilsonville,Woodburn, The Dalles, Fairview, Oregon City, Silverton, Sandy, Rainier, Monmouth, Newberg, Keizer, Gladstone, Forest Grove, Estacada, Canby, Philomath, Newberg, Parkdale, Seaside.

Disclaimer: The Oregon personal injury, auto accident, dog bite, traumatic brain injury, negligence, wrongful death, product liability, motorcycle accident or other legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth here were dependent on the facts of that particular personal injury case, auto accident, bicycle accident, wrongful death, or motorcycle accident case and the results will differ from case to case. To get specific advice regarding your personal injury, auto accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, brain injury, or wrongful death claim, please contact an attorney at his office in Portland, Oregon. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of Oregon and may be considered advertising by the Oregon State Bar Rules.